Monitoring And Evaluation Plans & Indicators, Please Download
- MCA Tanzania M&E Plan June 2013 with Indicators ...
- MCA Tanzania M&E Plan April 2012 with Annexes ...
Each compact proposal must have a monitoring and evaluation plan which describes the arrangements to monitor progress and evaluate impact of the
proposed interventions. Specifically the monitoring and evaluation plan is expected to:-
- Give the arrangements to collect performance data to better manage implementation of the program and trigger future disbursements
- Enable reporting to different stakeholders on progress achieved towards reaching the program goals;
- Enable the testing of the assumptions and measure ex-post, in a statistically valid way, the program impact on growth and poverty
- Provide evidence of program, activity and policy reform effectiveness and lessons for future programs
Monitoring and evaluation is closely linked with the economic analysis. It is the economic analysis which provides the basis for selection of indicators,
identification of the baseline data and setting targets and performance benchmarks. The major contents of a monitoring and evaluation plan include:-
- Program logic
- Description of beneficiaries
- The monitoring plan with indicators, baselines and targets as well as data collection strategy and data quality reviews
- Evaluation plan which is usually done by an independent body to compare the situation with the program and what would have been the
situation without the program (counterfactual).